Homepage > Joss Whedon Crew > Jane Espenson > News > Jane Espenson and Doug Petrie will write episodes for The Kids’ WB (...)
Jane EspensonJane Espenson and Doug Petrie will write episodes for The Kids’ WB "The Batman"
Friday 28 July 2006, by Webmaster
THE BATMAN UPDATE
Hynden Walch, who provided the voice of Starfire in Teen Titans, is providing the voice of Harley Quinn in the upcoming season of Kids’ WB’s The Batman.
Harley Quinn will appear in one episode, written by Paul Dini.
"My favorite one to work on was probably the Harley episode," producer Michael Goguen said during a panel at Comic-Con International last weekend. "Paul Dini wrote a great script, with a lot of humor — black humor, of course. I just love the character."
In other The Batman news:
* To the right is an image of Robin given away on a card at Comic-Con.
* Veteran voice director Andrea Romano joins the show this season and brings some other guest-stars: Kevin Conroy as Dick Grayson’s father, Brandon Routh as Everywhere Man, James Remar as Black Mask, Jeff Bennett as Killer Moth and Dorian Harewood as Martian Manhunter.
* The producers said this show will be more "comics fan friendly."
"The whole universe widens to the end, where you’ll believe that Batman is ready to join the Justice League," Alan Burnett said.
* A story will take place 20 years in the future. Images of a Dark Knight-ish Batman, Oracle and Nightwing were shown.
* The two-part season finale will deal with an alien invasion.
* Other writers will include Jane Espenson and Doug Petrie from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Steve Melching and Stan Berkowitz, who is writing the origin of The Riddler.
* Goguen was that the show include the beginning of Robin.
* Kids’ WB! has provided The Continuum with its schedule for August, which includes the following episodes of Batman at 11 a.m.: "Fleurs Du Mal" on August 5, "Thunder" on August 12, "A Fistful of Felt" on August 19 and "RPM" on August 26.