Jane EspensonJane Espenson’s master Michael Piller is dead
Friday 4 November 2005, by Webmaster
Five reasons why Michael Piller dying sucks:
1) He practically saved the entire “Star Trek” franchise from extinction when he joined the writing staff of “The Next Generation” a couple years into its run.
2) He created “Deep Space Nine,” easily the best of the “Star Trek” series.
3) He masterminded “Star Trek’s” open-submission policy, which got Jane Espenson’s foot in the TV-writing door.
4) He created the TV version of “The Dead Zone,” another great show (at least while he was running it).
5) He was only 57 fucking years old.
Read more of a great hero of mine, Michael Piller, here.