Homepage > Joss Whedon Cast > Jewel Staite > Interviews > Jewel Staite addresses "Serenity 2" Movie rumors on her blog
Jewel StaiteJewel Staite addresses "Serenity 2" Movie rumors on her blog
Thursday 18 October 2007, by Webmaster
The next installment
Okay, okay, okay: Lets address these Serenity 2 rumors before anything else. I have no idea what you people are talking about! Seems to me someone (with a name that starts with A and ends in LAN) said something in an interview that was misconstrued as the sequel being greenlit, which is not the case at the moment. I will never say it will never happen, because that’s just blasphemy in my opinion, but it’s not happening at the moment… no matter what you read on the internet. You know better than to believe everything you read, anyway! (except this blog… cuz it’s all true.)
Thanks for your kind words on all my doctorin’ lately on Atlantis. Although I’ve been absent in the last couple of weeks, I’ll be back this Friday, so set those Tivos/VCRs…. Unless you’ve already downloaded it on bloody iTunes, in which case, I hope you watch it still, because we need season 5 to happen so we don’t have to resort to Stargate: the Musical (Hewlett’s already written the score. I’m not joking around). For those of you across the pond, I’ll be appearing at Collectormania next weekend, hopefully with luggage this time, and then we’re on to LA for a Serenity convention with some chick named Morena who now has no hair. Party on!
Wants some questions answered?
1. Why do I call Amanda Tapping "the Tappinator?" Someone also asked "Do you actually call her that to her FACE???" Why not? Are you guys under some sort of illusion that Amanda’s this scary bad-ass diva or something? Hate to break the fourth wall here, but she’s pretty much the opposite. She’s sweet, funny, self-deprecating, and lovely. She’s the Tappinator. And a total spottie. (space hottie)
2. How come I missed out on doing voices for Halo 3 along with the rest of the Firefly cast? Dunno. Nathan’s a halo geek who somehow got the word out, and was asked to participate in Halo 3 along with his two other Halo-geek friends (Alan and Adam). I can’t even play Halo. But those guys have never made out with Sean Maher, so they can eat that! Um….
3. The best piece of advice I’ve ever been given: live well to live long. Which I’ve interpreted as: indulge, make yourself happy, treat yourself at the spa, buy that jacket even if it’s not on sale and spend lots of time on Maui!
4. Was it difficult going from Kaylee to Keller? It’s not like they were shot back to back. Plus, the uniform helps. You kinda can’t talk about twixting nether regions in a Stargate uniform and expect to be taken seriously.
5. Have I ever thought about writing a book? I’m going to write a memoir one day about a certain project I did that took years off my life. Literally. Just when my lawyer says it’s okay.
6. Do I have any unusual talents? Like what, cooking a quiche with my legs behind my head? I wish. I love quiche.
7. What was it like working with David Duchovny? It was my first glimpse of jealousy in the industry; he gave me mouth-to-mouth in a scene that took about six hours to film, and all the ladies off camera were shooting daggers at me with their eyes. I was 12. I was just too busy trying to look dead to give a crap. Plus, I was TWELVE. Anyway, he was very nice to me, and I would love to work with him again someday where he would be more, er, appreciated. You know, as an actor.
8. If it were up to me, how would the characters’ relationships conclude in Serenity 2? Okay. Hypothetically speaking only. River and Zoe really hit it off, fall in love, and decide to form their own renegade girls-who-kick-ass space team and leave us in the dust; Mal realizes he’s more destroyed over Wash’s death than he ever thought and spends the rest of his days wearing Hawaiian shirts and drinking booze out of the engine; Simon and Kaylee have a set of genius triplets and turn the ship into a cocker spaniel search-and-rescue with "crazy Grandpa Mal" still at the helm cradling toy dinosaurs; and Inara finally realizes the potential in Jayne as a male companion, loans him a toga, and takes him back to the training house where they become King and Companion Queen. ??? you know you want that sequel!
9. What’s David Hewlett like? Ridiculously hysterical. Really creative, really fun to be around, and one of my favorites. He’s always very generous as an actor, and I just like him a lot. And he writes a mean musical.
10. Thanks to the guy who said my episode of "Supernatural" was great! Awesome! I’ve never even been on Supernatural!
Okay that’s it for now. Except can I just say one more thing? It’s JOSS. Not Josh. It’s not a typo, that extra ’s’. No ’h’. K?