Angel’Smallville’-’Angel’ Premiere Party Sweepstakes
Saturday 20 September 2003, by Webmaster
The "Smallville • Angel" Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. TO ENTER: You must be 18 years of age or older and a Southern California resident, residing in one of the following counties: Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino or Ventura. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes begins September 10, 2003 and ends September 23, 2003. To enter, fill out the registration form above completely and click on "Submit Entry". To enter by mail, send a 3 x 5 card with your full name, address and daytime phone number, to: Smallville • Angel Sweepstakes, latimes.com Marketing Department, 202 West First Street, 5th Floor New Media, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm (PST) on September 23, 2003, to qualify. Only one entry per person, irrespective of means of entry. Entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, e-mail entries containing attached files, mail entries stamped with a private postage meter, and entries which do not comply with these rules are not eligible and will be rejected. Entries become the property of Tribune Interactive, Inc. ("TI") and will not be returned. TI is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, postage due or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries.
2. PRIZES: One first-prize winner will receive four (4) passes good for admission into the Smallville • Angel premiere party on October 1, 2003 located at the Grove in Hollywood, CA. The first-prize winner and guests will also receive a round-trip limousine service to/from the event, from the winner’s place of residence. Winner and guests must be available to depart from the winner’s residence in the afternoon of October 1, 2003 and return late in the evening that same night. Winner and guests must leave, stay and depart on the same itinerary. (Total estimated retail value: $1000.00.) Meals, incidental expenses and other costs are not included unless specifically stated in these rules. Winner must pay their own transportation and/or other expenses to claim their prize. Prizes must be claimed by September 25, 2003, or will be awarded to another entrant selected in the same manner as the winner of the unclaimed prize. Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. One prize per household. If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, TI reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value.
3. WINNER: Winner will be selected by random drawing from among eligible entries. Winner will be notified by e-mail or telephone on or before September 24, 2003. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Entrants agree TI has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that TI’s decision is final and binding. Winners agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by TI, its affiliates or sponsors, without additional compensation. Winner, by acceptance of their prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless TI, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. TI is not responsible for personal injury of any prize winner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving their prize. Winner assumes all applicable tax liability for their prize. For name of winner, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after September 30, 2003, to: Winner, Smallville • Angel Sweepstakes, latimes.com Marketing Department, 202 West First Street, 5th Floor New Media, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Tribune Company, Star Coach Services, or their immediate family, or to employees or immediate family of any of their affiliated companies, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies, or sponsors. Sweepstakes is sponsored by, the Los Angeles Times, 202 West First Street, Fifth Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90012; KTLA, 5800 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90028. Sweepstakes is void in Florida, New York, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, Alaska all U.S. territories and possessions and outside the U.S. and where prohibited and/or restricted by law.
5. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in Internet entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc., may be used by TI for marketing, promotional or other purposes. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to California law, excluding choice of law provisions.