Homepage > Joss Whedon’s Tv Series > Angel > Conventions > David Boreanaz Flashback convention report
AngelDavid Boreanaz Flashback convention report
Monday 17 May 2004, by Webmaster
Date Posted: 06:17:45 05/16/04 Sun
Author Host/IP: host213-122-10-190.in-addr.btopenworld.com / 220.127.116.11
Subject: DB Flashback Con report - No spoilers
From Shiai posted on the Jossing Around yahoo group by Dru
[Nothing really spoilery here.]
I just got home from the Flashback Weekend Angel & Buffy Con in Chicago (big shout out to my peeps, Eva, Erica and Carl LOL), and I thought I’d share a couple of tidbits from DB’s Q&A....
* He starts filming a movie, "Mr. Fix-It," this June.
* David was offered the co-lead in the London stage production of "When Harry Met Sally," after Luke Perry departs the role in a few weeks, but the movie precludes that. Alyson Hannigan’s part will be -assume-d by Melissa Joan Hart.
* He was perhaps better prepared to handle the end of AtS because he’s always made a point of not looking at the series as a long term commitment, but rather a 22 episode per year job, and one which might not return the following year.
* Two of his favorite episodes are "City Of" (because it was the very first, and they had no idea what they were doing, so it was scary and thrilling) and "Are You Now or Have You Ever Been" (because it was just so much fun to do). He enjoyed his directing debut, "Soul Purpose," and credits the cast for making it a success, because they were all just so good at their jobs.
* He insists that he CAN carry a tune (although he didn’t demonstrate), and that he’s only pretending to be tone deaf as Angel.
* He said that the ’urban legend’ that he was discovered while walking his dog is true; his manager spotted him on the street, introduced himself, and shortly thereafter arranged for DB to audition for the part of Angel.
* Asked about how he would have liked to have seen the show develop had there been a Season Six, David started to say, "Well, with the way we end it in the last episode..." and I swear that half the people in the hall covered their ears and started yelling "NOOOOOO!!!!" Mindful of not spoiling anyone before the final episode airs, DB jokes that the last show will be a karaoke musical episode, starring both himself and his "Smile Time" Angel puppet LOL. He also added that one thing he would have liked to have seen in S6 was the relationship between Angel and Spike resolved into something more positive.
* An episode idea which he pitched...and which Joss shot down...was, as he called it, "Some Like It Hot." In a nutshell, circumstances would force Angel and Spike to have to dress in drag, and doing so would help them surmount their macho animosity towards each other and actually start to communicate.
* The rumors that he will have some role in "Serenity" are just that, rumors...he has not been cast for the movie (not yet, anyway).
* And finally, he was asked about the possibility of any Angel telefilms next year, and he said, "I have to be honest...I’m not interested in returning to these characters in a television movie. I would like to do a feature film."
David was very heartfelt in his opening remarks, in which he said that the support from the fans from Day One had not only been the reason for the show’s success, but also a source of great comfort for him, and that they made him proud to do the show. He then called for a round of applause for all fans of AtS.
2 Forum messages