AngelPost Angel employment for the writers
Saturday 22 May 2004, by Webmaster
ANGEL’s DeKnight To SMALLVILLE!!
I am - Hercules!!
Former “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Angel” scribe Steve DeKnight (he co-scripted the hilarious Italy-set “Angel” that aired two weeks ago) is headed to “Smallville,” according to kryptosite.com. He follows in the footsteps of fellow ex-“Buffy” scripter Drew Z. Greenberg, who migrated to “Smallville” one year ago.
For those keeping track, here’s where this season’s “Angel” writers have landed so far:
* Drew Goddard (DeKnight’s co-writer on “The Girl in Question”) is headed to “Alias.”
* Jeff Bell (Joss Whedon’s co-writer on the spectacular just-aired “Angel” series finale) is also headed to “Alias.”
* Liz Craft & Sarah Fain (they scripted Hamilton’s introduction in the five-star “Underneath”) have been asked to join “The Shield” (created by fellow “Angel” vet Shawn Ryan).
* Buffiverse mastermind Joss Whedon, who wrote more “Angel” teleplays this season than ever before, will nex season for the first time in eight years have nothing to do with televised entertainment. He is days away from make his feature directorial debut with Universal’s big-screen “Firefly” movie.
* No definitive word yet on David Fury (“You’re Welcome,” “Power Play”) or "Tick" mastermind Ben Edlund (“Life of the Party,” “Smile Time,” “Time Bomb”), but one hears Edlund is being hotly pursued by one of the most promising new series of the coming season.
If you, constant reader, have heard of any employment motion among the other Buffiverse writers, drop us a line.
For this just-concluding season Jane Espenson was at “The “Gilmore Girls”; Tim Minear at “Wonderfalls,” David Greenwalt at “Jake 2.0,” Rebecca Rand Kirschner at “Las Vegas,” Marti Noxon at (the still unaired Fox drama) “Still Life,” Doug Petrie at “Tru Calling,” and Mere Smith at “Tarzan.”